Hotels and Tourism
Drafting, Reviewing and Negotiating Agreements
The Firm participated in drafting and/or reviewing, amending and negotiating numerous hotel management and related agreements in Egypt, whether acting on behalf of owners, or management companies such as the Mena House Oberoi Hotel, the Cairo Marriott Hotel, the Hurghada Marriott Hotel, the Taba Heights Sheraton Hotel & Resort, the Taba Heights Marriott Hotel and Resort, the Sharm El Sheikh Ritz Carlton Hotel & Resort, the Marriott Sahl Hasheesh Resort, the Hilton and Sheraton Dreamland Hotel at 6th of October City, the Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt, the Fairmont Nile City Hotel, the Fairmont Heliopolis and Towers, El Gezirah Sofitel Hotel, Jaz Hotels & Resort, the Hilton Marsa Alam Hotel & Resort, the Hilton Sana’a in Yemen and the Hilton Algiers Hotel in Algeria.
- The Firm has concluded agreements related to floating hotels, boats, restaurants, cafes and other similar touristic projects, among which we can cite the Franchise Agreement of Tivoli Dome Restaurants Complex, and the Franchise Agreement of Barcelos Restaurants in Egypt.
- The Firm has also successfully closed one of the biggest deals concluded between Wings for Tourism Investment, an Egyptian company and member in the Wings Group specialized in the field of tourism and hotel development and investment in Egypt, and the Atlantica Leisure Group, an international group of companies specialized in the field of tourism, hotels and tour-operating businesses. The deal aimed mainly at combining the parties’ strengths and resources in the activities of four joint venture companies, so as to maximize their operating efficiencies, purchasing power and commercial influence as well as to identify and plan potential investments, to build, acquire, develop, manage, market and commercially exploit hotels in Egypt. Concluding the deal successfully entailed the drafting and negotiation of all agreements and exhibits related to the said deal, which were executed by the parties (JV Agreement, Management Agreements, Usufruct Agreements, Lease Agreements, Loan Agreements and Consultancy Agreements).
- In addition to the recent deals mentioned above, the Firm has also successfully executed the following projects, which entailed the complex, difficult and lengthy drafting and negotiation of all agreements, contracts, exhibits and other relevant documents which were executed by the parties:
- MGM Mirage Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Management Agreement: Concluded between Almontazah for Tourism & Investment Co., S.A.E. and MGM Mirage Hospitality International Holdings, LTD.
- Ramada Plaza Hotel & Resort at Sharm El Sheikh: Concluded between CHI Hotels & Resorts LTD and El Salam Co. for Tourism Development.
- Jaz Dreams Resort and Jaz Fayrouz Resort at Sharm El Sheikh: concluded between Sharm Dreams Group and Jaz for Hotels and Resorts.
Iberotel Borg El Arab (North Coast): Concluded between Rowad Misr for Touristic Investment and Jaz Hotels and Resorts.